I am a full-time writer and English Teacher (TEFL qualified with a Distinction) and now offer the best quality editing and ghost writing services. Yes, that’s right! With me, you get the whole package! You get the first ten pages of editing FREE!
I have been writing for ten years and my experience has taught me what makes a truly amazing novel! This experience has not been gained without pain but I can save you some of this pain.
Everything comes down to two factors; 1) a good story and 2) good presentation. If you have a good story, you are more than halfway there. Good presentation starts with good editing and, as many successful writers will tell you, a writer is not the best person to edit their own work. Writers are usually too close to their book; they miss mistakes because they know what they wanted to say and this is what they see!
If English is not your native language, I can help you with an entrée to the English-speaking market at no extra cost, something not many editors will provide. Two of my previous clients did not speak English as their native language and both were very happy with the results. Even dyslexia is not a barrier, if you can write a good story.
I am an avid reader of all types of fiction and historical books and would love to help you develop your own work. I work fast and insist on reading your book and getting to know it properly before starting. If you would like help with whatever you are writing, contact me with details of your book. I need to know the word count, subject (genre) and intended publishing format (eBook/paperback or both).
Your first ten pages are FREE!
What you Get
I will proofread and copy edit the first ten pages of your book free of charge. There is no hurry! Take it away and think about it.
Below, you will find pricing options for the services that I can offer you. These are provided simply as a guide. If I edit your whole book, we can create a customized payment plan to fit your budget. I work very quickly and if I provide all three types of editing service to you at the same time so the results can be achieved more quickly. I provide all three editing services for a 60,000-100,000 word novel for £899, much less than separately (typically this would be £1100 for a 60,000 word novel). Be sure to ask about my special rates on series. I will always put in that extra little bit of effort to make sure your book is as good as it can be.
Books are my passion so I will always put your book first!
Contact me with questions or to discuss pricing options at email@example.com
My specialities are:
- European High Medieval history (12th Century and 15th Century), especially settings in France and England.
- World War two, particularly in reference to aviation.
- Aviation history from 1936 to the present day.
- Science fiction, particularly high tech.
- Central Asian culture.
- The music business, especially the busking and the London rock scene in the ’80s and ’90s.
- Vampire history.
- Werewolf history.
Lowest Prices and Best Value:
- Proofreading = £5/hr – I will check for and marking up typographic mistakes for you. This is roughly £0.0075 per word. The rate is lower if I provide you with 2 and 3 as well.
- Copy editing = £6/hr – Offering suggestions for improved grammar. ( I am also a specialist in Medieval English language and Medieval history in general, WWII and Physics/science). The rate is lower if I provide you with 1 and 3 as well.
- Development and substantive editing = £8/hr – Make use of my ability to structure your novel for greatest impact. I offer advice on ‘deep edits’ to your work to make the most of plot, character development and pace changes. Expect major changes and some work on your end but this will lift your writing to a new level. It will always save you time and money, if you engage the development editor at the earliest opportunity, even before you start writing.
- Total Editing Package = All three types of editing for a 60,000 -100,000 word novel typically about £899 inclusive.
Which type of editing do you need? Take a look here to get an idea.
- Service = £6/hr
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
My biography can be found here or in the menu above. Below is a list of books I have edited.
Follow this blog to read informative posts about my editing experiences. Check out the first article here!
Amit Bobrov is a great writer from Israel. His first fantasy novel is the first volume of a sweeping epic.
Testimonial from Amit Bobrov:
“Lazlo’s the best editor I’ve worked with, and I’ve worked with a few. He took an already successful novel and found every imaginable flaw, corrected dialogues, fixed my grammar and altered key scenes to make them more exiting. He’s a fountain of creativity and knowledge. When I showed my Publisher his version of my novel they were speechless and this was a novel that three previous editor worked on.”
Only available in kindle, this is from a new writer Lami Kamikaze. Its very funny and takes an unusual view of the conflicts shaping the modern world.
“Around three years ago, I wanted to write a novel. However, I was very afraid to write because English is not my first language. I was very lucky that Lazlo Ferran agreed to edit my book for free and encouraged me to keep writing. I wouldn’t be writing my first full novel today if he had demanded a fortune to edit my book. I would be happy to pay Lazlo Ferran for my full novel as he showed he is passionate about his work by correcting my story for free. He did not demand a fortune unlike other editors, whose work and integrity I sometimes doubt.”